VP Global Comm- Don Bulmer
340 industry thought leaders (Bloggers got mentioned)
37 customer and customer organization - Sharing their success storied
32 Partners - Co Innovation
Theme is Business Network Transformation
Introduction to Peter Graph EVP Global Marketing
Boston 5 yrs - 30 influencers
- 2003 - Technology Innovation - Focus on SAP Netweaver - Applications company to a applications company on an open platform
- 2004 - Enterprise SOA Roadmap (We stick to the roadmap) , Concluding the road map with CRM 2007. Delivered - Business Process Platform. Tech Platform with ready to run enterprise services. Delivers on Integrated End to End process, can be deployed in a modular way on the same platform. More than 2000 ES, More than half codified along with partners. Companies will buy into an ecosystem not just a platform
- 2005 Architecting the Industry - Ecosystem , Million SDN registrations, 2000+ partner solution
- 2006 - First incarnation of the business process platform - MySAP ERP - 5800 productive customers (DVD With Great customer stories). 75% plan on upgrade in mid 2008. Enhancement Packages approach touched up , Non Disruption pattern - Stable Core.
Business Movements & IT Trends
- 1990 - BPR - C/S . ERP
- 2000 - E-Business - Internet Architecture , Ecom
- Today - Business Network Transformation - Enterprise SOA, ,Business process platform
Goes back to his Sapphire Presentation,
Speed , 4 Driving force
Move from a product vendor to a solution vendor,
Forced Business to Transform
From built to last , to a Build to adapt network - Opportunity is greater, in the form of sharing.
How can we deliver results as 1 company
- Network Readiness , Ongoing portfolio optimization
- React like one company
- Move from efficiency to agility
- Move from company and control model to connect and collaborate view
- internal R&D to Co innovation
- Uniformity to Diversity
BNT happens in Developing countries also, Virtual Production Business model of Li-Ning (Book by Henning)
- Book translated to Chinese, to find companies who are doing the innovation.
- Not competing on low cost manufacturing, but by co-innovation
- Connect dealers to production
Business Networks types
- People Centric
- Communication based
- Actionable Analytics
Co-ordinated Network (Innovation to scale)
- Efficiency computing
- Process Innovation
Whole Sale distribution market
Customer Service is key differentiator
- Simplify cross business network process from 9 to 3
- Reduce Expensive call center activities by 60% (sourced items)
- Minimize customer wait time.
Demo Retail in Virtual Worlds (SAP Research)
SL / Switzerland - Both connected to retail back end solution
4 Types of Business Network Models
- Collaborative / Coordinated
- Internal / External
IT as an Enabler for Business Network
Business network is required across the different organization sizes - Across the SAP customer segmentation and product portfolio. Products ready to do that.
SOA + BPP - Enabler's of BNT
Stable core and innovation thru - Enhancement Packages - "Implementation was even simpler than a support package" - ThyssenKrupp AG . 100000 Mandays in development of enhancement packages.
Accelerated innovation without risk
- Enterprise SOA by Evolution (Integration, Continuous Innovation,Innovation both from an App Side , Technical side) - Active business process management with SAP NW 7.1 - Netweaver CE. Executed Models, Descriptive Model - Not faster than ABAP, But customer experience was 300% better. Bring cost and performance down by 10.
Composition Example -
- Online Citizen Service City of Hagen 50 Process Template's in an online portal "ready to implement" for other authorities
- Move from common design ,to innovation with Web Dynpro Islands.
Differentiation and breakthrough innovation - At the edge processes without disruption
- E.g Enterprise SOA by Design
- Business By Design - First Enterprise SOA by Design solution
- Model and Services based
- New Modular application deployments
- based on Netweaver 7.1
Coexisting of Evolution and Radical Innovation , Both Netweaver 7.0 and 7.1 exists. This is primarily for large enterprises. For small and medium, size packaged end to end - SAP All in One and SAP business By Design.
New Paradigm - Model based development
External (Transparency and flexibility)
Internally (Industrialized software development)
Better Support for business user
Emerging trends are reshaping the Business Environment
- Demographics - Consumer like expectation, Lean Consumption platform, third party mashups
- Web 2.0
- Nature of Work- Context over information
Task user to Business user.
Demo Ian Kimbell - Business Planning and consolidation - Just plain old Outlooksoft - SAP Logo included.
Transformation of Traditional Apps - E.g HR (optimize talent from service business)
Business User platform - Platform Agonistic , Performance Management,, GRC included.
Business Objects plan - <Slide> BO - 80% tool set
SAPS road map , 2008 -2010
Strategic Direction - More functionality , Open Business process platform, For all sized, Employees in all roles. <Slide>
Fastest adoption in 35 years
Demo of SAP CRM 2007 which was launched today , "The next generation of CRM applications will be deigned to appeal to sales, marketing and customer service professionals." Ed Thompsson Gartner. Some nice UI Capabilities.
Ian Kimbell is having bad demo day. Slow response and got timed out.
Valero Customer - 0.15 % of revenue is IT budget.
Peter Graf is back
Jim Snabe - Corporate officer
Responsible for Business Suite
- New Business Requirements, Flexibility without Chaos , More differentiation, More Collaboration and more visibility
- Business Process Requirements - Standardization, Openness & flexibility , Governance.
SOA not the only answer, not silo'd apps. Need to look at world in horizontal layering.
Innovation for differtiation and Stability / Reliability
3 Steps to move from Silo world to BPP
SAP the Target Architecture - Bring apps closer together, integrated process.
- Build stable business process platform - 5 yr stability
- Enhance to BPP , without disruption - Enhancement package technology
- Innovate on top of a business process platform
- Step 1: Bringing application together , Each of the 3 letter acronyms to use Netweaver, Harmonize UI. Run seamlessly across the enterprise. Total process integrity across processes.
- Step 2: Enhancements delivered with out need to upgrade. With out forcing upgrade. Dramatic Reduction of TCO., Selective Upgrade deployments.
- Step 3: Innovation via Enterprise services maintaining process integrity - External process can leverage the process governance framework in SAP
After 3 yrs of investment ready , Evolutionary path of SOA
- Acquire - Accumulate Functionality
- Enable - Business Suite
- Compose - leverage SOA
Proof Points of Delivering on Road map
- Adoption - R/# to ERP easier then moving to vita
- Enhancement pack - 3rd , Excellent
- Service Enable BPP, 2000 odd enterprise services, Repository by industry context. (Need to deep dive on this)
- Compose on top of BPP - differentiate - Are composites the way to go?
Need reduction of costs with increased flexibility
Reposition of the business suite, move from Application centric(Integrate Software) to Value centric(Enable customer stories - Support end to end processes - Back end platform and composition)
- Process Integrity - Key to SOA Success
- Business Suite - Offers and incremental approach to SOA
- Breakthrough interms of process flexibility on top
- Buying % patter with change from TLA based buying to end to end process.
Need to define Business Suite in Wikipedia.
Jokes about over 200 Peters in SAP
Slides from 2003 -Enterprise Services Architecture - Delivered in 2003, Business for networked enterprise. Extended Order to Cask process. was the example given. Cant solve with existing technology.
Radical Innovation SAP Business By Design
Looks like the SOA roadmap and business by design development was started at the same time.
Don't need full blown ERP, Need an integrated package with the range of functionality
- Product Innovation
- Services Innovation
- Go to Market Innovation
30 Something deployment units, Deployed independently also.
Megatenancy - Volume deployment - Each tenant at the DB level is different.
Demo of the configuring the business process platform
Highlights community aspect within byDesign
No team required for adapting , reference system / templates available.
Granularity of the deployments units - Currently 30. Cross boundary between deployment units only through messaging.
Another demo on SAP BBD - Functionality is cool , visualization can do with work.
Another Peter from Zenke's team, Focused on development methodology - specifically on BBD
Talks about how they are eating their own dog food by developing BBD based on the pricipals they are now propogating.
Focus on the model based paradigm
Model based development and SOA - BNT, Personal Productivity , Light weight Composition & 3rd party integration.
Demo - Dynamic Processes Control
Zenke is back
Side By Side:
Engineering approach, Design the solution and engineer the implementation.
SAP business Suite side by side with SAP Business by design.
New applications will come into being because of the whole side by side paradigm. - Process Extensions
Klaus Kreplin - In charge of SAP Netweaver Development
One platform aspect - Everything is on one system - Netweaver, Across the market segmentations
One set of knowledge , tools etc
Focuses on the SAP netweaver composition environment - CE
user productivitiy, process transformation, Edge processes and exception managemen - Use cases for Compositions
Now does the galaxy piece - Business Process Management