Zia Yusuf, kicks off the session.
Special reference to contributors and mentors
- 470 xabytes of information
- 1.9 billion trade every 60 mins
- 50% worlds business transactions touch an SAP system with 75000 customers
- 1000 people join the SAP community network everyday, 12th largest in the EU
- 52 countries collab in teched
- 4500 people attending SAP teched
New initiative - Collboration withh innocentive , open innovation market place. - SAP innovation and technology pavilion. As of Sep22 1002 onboard - Democratization of innovation
First time addressing the TechEd audience, business and IT dont speak the same language.
Story about of hot air ballon and lost in fog joke, IT - perfectly accurate and completly useless answer, Business - You have no clue where you are and where you are going and you are blaming IT.
Customers to connect , collaborate , co-innovate
- Good old slides on business network ( Moving from Value Chain to Business network) - Network Shared risk - Better management risk
- Business Network - Relationship driven / Corporate boundaries have beomce fluid.
- Need the IT environment to manage / support the Business Network
- Asian Paints (Case Study)
- Paint a heavily commoditised industry
- Extend the business model - Service Provider
- Transformation to an End to End service company
- Asian Paints Web / Phone based collaboration - Ties up with the painter / manages paint / manages payments etc
- External Painters ranked
- 400000 houses in first year
- 25% referred other customers
- Asian paints orchestrator of the network
- SAP Infrastrcture for both Paint an Service business
- ERP / CRM - Composite Apps
- SMS interface
- Business Int Analytics to benchmark painter
- Predictive for future requirements
- IT Requirements that are key to drive this transformations - Efficiency , Flexibility & Insight (Across the network)
User experience a key focus area of investment
- Harmonized UI - Standardized
- Enterprise search - search box for all enterprise applications
- Atlantic - Duet for Lotus
Weekend upgrade - Enhancement Packages (Applying and Enhancement pack is simpler than a support pack) - Entire suite two enhancement pack a year. Solution Manager - Business Process change analyzer - Study Impact of enhancement pack. Solution Manager is the corner stone for enterprise support. Solution manager manages the custom code also. Truly harmonized end to end business processes.
Enterprise support - Is not useful - Quote saying "That statement alone makes the difference"
Horizontal Solutions address the functionality needs , but doesnt manage the end to end business view / business use case.
Professional Certification for Business Process Experts ( Check out BPX community)
Customer Case Study : Hugo Boss AG
- 2003 fundamental shift in Fashion
- Versatile - Fashion truly unpredictable
- Bigger Varieties of brands
- Move from a push model to a pull model
- Standardized the processes
- Connected the network to the fashion manufacturers (flat files / paper)
- Collect and Analyze the POS data at all possible points - Open Architecture BI , Feedback on design trends, Supply chain etc.
- Moved from 4 collections to 52, with one week delivery windows - Flexible architecture.
Closed Loop Strategy to Execution
- Process Requirement
- process Execution
BI XY3 - BI for the Masses
GRC - Composite Apss - Along with Cisco - Governance at Network level
Ian Kimble Demo1 Business Objects
Demo2 - Galaxy
Talks about the Innovation Pavillion
SAP Eco hub - Online Solution Market Place (Both SAP and Partner Solution ) - Wonder when the are going to come up with the Onlie Services Market place powered by the community.
Ian Kimble - Demo Eco Hub
View of the Architecture for the portfolio
Request/ Suggestion to Upgrade to ERP 6.0