Infor recently announced a new financing relationship with IBM Global Financing the largest IT financier in the world. The new agreement will enable Infor’s customers around the world to finance products from Infor’s entire line of enterprise business software, as well as complementary hardware and services, through IBM Global Financing. Under the terms of the agreement, Infor’s channel partners can also offer financing to their customers through IBM Global Financing.
Are we going to see more from where this came from ?
“Most organizations today walk a narrow line between preserving day-to-day cash flow and making fiscally prudent investments to improve their business,” said Robin Pederson, chief operating officer, Infor. “The expansion of our relationship with IBM will help to make this decision easier.”
The new financing relationship provides many benefits to Infor's customers. For example, organizations can move forward with their technology initiatives while spreading up-front payments over time, conserving cash for other investments. Companies can also put technology to work immediately to establish a stronger competitive edge, rather than delaying until the next budget cycle.
Excerpts from the Forrester Blog
This program provides Infor's customers with:
Key facts about the deal:
- Access to a line of credit for key tech investments. Similar to other IGF deals, the program includes more than just Infor's entire line of business software. Other eligible items include software, services, hardware, and maintenance.
- Flexible payment options. Customers can spread traditional up-front payments over time. Flexible payment plans for loans or lease extend up to 60 months. Interest rates are country specific.
- Geographies: All
- Products: All products, No IBM hardware or software required
- Length of program: Up to 5 years, typically 24 to 36 months
- Interest rates: Country specific
- Partner eligibility: Open to all partners
- Program inclusion: software, services, hardware, and maintenance.
The bottom line.
Vendor-led financing options and payment alternatives provide users with opportunities to avoid up front payments and efficiently deploy capital. While financing options do not address the issues of recurring costs for support, upgrade, and hardware infrastructure, the bundling of professional services, hardware, and other related software offerings provide a compelling business case to choose one preferred IT vendor while deferring capital outlays. Financing will continue to prove to be the game changer in this consolidating and competitive software market.